Friday, January 8, 2010

9. The man who was almost a man

The short story 'The man who was almost a man' is about a boy,Dave, who is between being a man and being a teenage boy. While I was reading the story I always wondered what was going to happen next because the title was very interesting for me. I was excited while I was reading about the confessions and at the end I really agree that Dave is not a man but almost a man. He was brave enough to buy a gun but after he shot Jenny he acted like a little boy and this proved that he was not a man yet.
After reading this short story I realized that these men who are almost a men are all around us. A huge number of the boys are trying to act like a man ;but not in good aspects such as being gentle and using their minds instead of their physical strength. I have been reading news about boys racketeering or fighting for nothing in high schools. I think the rise in the number of Tv series showing mafia as hero is is one of the main reasons that are creating these men who are almost men..

1 comment:

  1. You are right, these 'almost men' are everywhere, including in my Freshman classes... ;)

    ReplyDelete